- 1961 – Aircraft Equipment International (AEI) Ltd founded; Supplier of aircraft spares.
- 1965 – Supplier of aircraft gun spares to Hawker Siddeley Aviation.
- 1986 – Approved supplier of Aden gun spares for Royal Ordinance.
- 1988 – Key Royal Ordnance design staff recruited to develop design capability.
- 1991 – Gain BSI Quality Assurance approval for design, manufacture and supply of Air, Land and Naval
- 1993 – Gain UK MoD Design Authority (DA) status for aircraft gun design.
- 2005 – Change of name to AEI Systems Ltd.
- 2011 – In house barrel manufacturing capability added.
2013 – New product developments;